Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Magical Pumpkin Waffle and Muffins at Sarabeth's

Yay for Pumpkin Waffles with lots of fun stuff on top! 
It's time to talk about Sarabeth's.  Glorious, glorious Sarabeth's.

If you're a fellow Fan of Brunch, and you ask any New Yorker for their recommendation, you will hear Sarabeth's--East, West, South, North Pole, whatever--mentioned again and again.  And I quickly found out why. 

It's cute, it's cozy and they happen to serve super yummy brunch items like Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Pumpkin Waffles topped with Pumpkin Seeds and Raisins, Almond Crusted French Toast and Cheese Blintzes, to name a few.  Carb lovers, rejoice!

Look at these ridiculous choices.
You can't go wrong here, people.
The first time I visited Sarabeth's at the Central Park South location, I met my lovely friend Mel, whom I hadn't seen in 15 years.  Catching up with her was exciting enough, but the experience became even more magical very quickly.  After reminiscing about band camp (seriously), all of a sudden, there was a flurry of excitement in the restaurant.  I looked out the front window and much to my surprise, it was SNOWING!  IN OCTOBER!

I attribute at least 100 of these footsteps to
me frolicking through this winter wonderland.
I quickly grabbed my phone and sprinted outside to capture some shocking pictures of what the pretty weather lady said would be "light rain with a chance of snow."  In actuality, it became a full-blown snowstorm. Ok, I might be slightly exaggerating.  But to a girl from Hawaii whose been living in LA for the last 10 years, it looked like a flipping blizzard.

After capturing a completely silly amount of snow pictures, I skipped back to the restaurant to partake in our fabulous fare.  Mel ordered the Pumpkin Waffles, perhaps at my suggestion.  I tend to make a lot of friendly suggestions; just a slight warning to anyone who may dine with me.

Crispy on the outside, warm and fluffy on the inside, with just a hint of pumpkin--it was a perfectly executed waffle.  The pumpkin seeds added crunch while the raisins and strawberries infused a fruity flavor burst.  And of course the maple syrup perfectly finished off this lovely little dish.
Yummy is all I have to say here. 

I decided on something eggy.  I adore carbs, but considering how much I love them, I try to fit in some protein from time to time.  I honestly can't remember exactly what the eggy thing was (a fritatta? with chives?).  What I do remember is the pumpkin muffin, topped with sunflower seeds and a delicious mixed berry jam.  YUM.

Keeping in theme (I love themes!), I ordered a pumpkin
muffin to complement our pumpkin waffle.  I may have also had
a Pumpkin Spice Latte earlier that morning.  Don't get me started
on my Pumpkin Spice Latte addiction. 
In addition to breakfast, Sarabeth's also offers lunch and dinner, but the crown jewel, and her most famous offering, is her yummy jams.  I've had the pleasure of trying a few--the Blood Orange Marmalade was magically delicious-- and it is my lofty goal to try them all when Autumn, my fantastic friend who makes really fun and unusual jams, comes to visit.  (You can see her blog at www.autumnscopperpot.blogspot.com).
Autumn, I can only imagine how you're
going out of your mind right now.
Miss you, silly.

Sarabeth's
40 Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
(212) 826-5959

www.sarabethscps.com 

http://goddessofbakedom.com/sb/sarabeth/ 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! I am totally geeking out, you're right. Burgundy Blackcurrant?? Dynamite!

    ReplyDelete